A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

In Cahoots

There are times when I think my furries are in cahoots:

  • Emma is allowed to eat cat food if it is on the floor - she is not allowed to eat it out of the bowl because she is a dog after all and she should eat dog food.  Oliver knows this is true so he helps by pushing the food out of the bowl with his paw so his pal Emma can have a snack.
  • The ferrets are great at pushing stuff over and off.  I think they are in cahoots with the kitties.  For instance - I set some towels on the side of the tub when I was putting the laundry away.  Ferrets got up on the side of the tub and pushed them right into the tub - it was dry thankfully.  I went in there a bit later and Phoebe was sleeping in her new "bed" of towels.
  • The ferrets are in cahoots with each other - working together to cause trouble.  Did you read about the hoarding of the 5 gallon water bottle?
I wonder how they communicate?  I am pretty sure they do...


No comments: