A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Month in Review

I can't believe its the last day of August.  Further - I can't believe how horrible I have been about blogging.  I only blogged  12 days this month - I think the least amount since I have started the blog several years ago.  I think that the sadness from Clooney's  passing and the chaos that has ensued with the piglet coming into our lives left me little time to put my thoughts on the blog.

Clooney's passing hit me much harder than I anticipated.  Not really the crying, weepy sadness I anticipated but a more profound emptiness that I am still working through.  I miss him terribly and think of him much of each day.

Winston has been a wonderful addition and distraction - we adore him!  He is a delightful little piglet but he has turned our world upside down.  He had lots of firsts this month - new foods, potty training, first vet visit, learning tricks, getting used to critter siblings.  He is fitting right in and doing just great.

The ferrets - they are all doing great.  They are in good health and adjusting to life with a piglet.  The girls are much more "chill" than the boys.  Madison and Violet are able to interface with Winston with minimal drama - Finn and Theo - not so much.

Kitties are all just fantastic I am happy to report.  Oliver - the zoo ambassador is trying to be friends with the piglet.  Some days go better than others.  The girl kitties are not sure what to make of Winston.

In general - this has been a good critter month.  I am hoping that with time my Clooney ache will get better and that Winston will continue to thrive here.

Bring on fall and the holidays...this year has blazed by - wow!


No comments: