A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Superhero Kai Saves the Day



The ferrets and the pig really hate it when I have something on me that shouldn't be - for instance, a bandaid, a blister or cut, a new piece of jewelry...they will try everything to get whatever that is off. Sometimes it can be painful - a blister or scab getting ripped off by a pig can hurt.

Anyway -  today I was taking a relaxing bubble bath before getting ready to head out to dinner.  I decided it would be nice to do a facial mask so I grabbed one - a cucumber sheet mask.  Basically you take a piece of material out of a pouch and unfold it and put it on your face.  There are pre cut eye, nose and mouth holes....

I get it out and get it put on and then relax - eyes closed - waiting my 10 - 12 minutes - or so I thought. About 8 minutes in Kai decided to get up on the side of the tub and then proceeded to grab the mask in his mouth and yank it off my face - saving me from whatever it was that was suffocating me....geez...

He plopped it right into the bath water and then was quite proud of himself for defeating the cotton monster that had attacked his mommy.  So much for relaxing....

I do love those crazy critters....

No comments: