A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

How Intriguing - 4 Kitty Update

The kitties are doing great!  All of them seem to be pretty darn happy these days.

Aggie - my go with the flow girl is doing just fantastic.  She has been quite interactive and much braver in her old age hanging out downstairs during visits from strangers over the holidays.  Her health seems to be quite good.

Zoey - little Miss Snagglepuss is doing fantastic as well.  She is active and in love with the new toy she got from her Aunt and Uncle for Christmas.  When she is not spinning the ball around the tube she is laying in the center or using the cat scratcher.  She had been coughing - trying to rid herself of a hairball I think - but that seems to have resolved itself.  She is much better and doing great.

Oliver - my ornery boy is doing well.  He has been playing quite a bit with Winston - they are fun to watch. He finds his share of trouble still but he keeps us entertained.  His health seems great with the exception of being my hairball kitty....leaving me all sorts of surprises...gotta love it.  He is enjoying hairball meds in an effort to slow that down.  I guess that's what happens when you are the resident bather of kitties, dogs, pigs and ferrets...

Phoebe - my sweet girl is doing well but suffering from some winter allergies - as are her humans.  She is bright, active and eating well - she is just very sneezy.  I feel her pain as I have been very sneezy myself. When it gets too bad I give her a drop of nasal meds in one nostril to make her more comfortable.  Her sneezes don't produce any gunk - just sneezes so I am pretty sure its allergies.

All in all - things in kitty world are good.  Everyone is due for a trip to the vet so I will be taking them in over the next few weeks along with the ferrets to get everyone checked out.

No comments: