A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Happy Birthday Tabby and Kai!!

July is a busy birthday month - today Tabitha and Kai turn 2 years old!  Time goes so fast!  Tabby and Kai joined our crazy little zoo in November of 2014.  I would be remiss if I failed to mention my sweet Harlow - it would have been her birthday as well but sadly we lost her to a systemic disease called FIP last September.  We miss her very much but we are thankful that we see lots of her personality in her siblings each day.

The ferrets all got play time, Ferretone - their favorite supplement and a tiny bite of a yogurt covered pretzel - their absolute favorite people food treat....

Kai is still my wild and rambunctious child - full of piss and vinegar each and every day.  He is very affectionate and he loves to play.





Tabitha is my beautiful, petite girl.  She is very sweet but fiercely independent.

What's that you say?  It's my birthday - perhaps I should get up from my nap...



Nothing like a good birthday wrestle to start the day off:

The litter mates - Tabby on the left, Kai on the right


Wrestling with a little help from Bash
And a heavenly happy birthday to my darling Harlow - I hope she is having a big party with Nigel the hedgehog, her ferret brothers Clooney and Finn, her kitty sisters Zoey and Isabel and her Grandpa....

This was taken on her first birthday - which we were so lucky to celebrate with her.  No one thought she would make it to that date - we actually got an additional three months with this sweet girl.  Miss you my cutie!


No comments: