A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Bath Time for Baby

This weekend Nigel got a cage refresh - clean rug, freshly laundered blankets, everything wiped down and clean.  When I got him out this morning I realized he wasn't nearly as fresh as his cage so into the tub he went.  He likes baths okay I guess - no hedgehog water park this morning as his wheel got cleaned out yesterday.

I put in a bit of colloidal oatmeal in his water and he is pretty good about me picking at his feet and washing his underbelly.  We used to bathe much more frequently but with his sensitive skin I try to reserve it for smelly occasions only.  The little one is now cuddled in a towel and his blankets snoozing on the bed - smelling much better I might add.

No comments: