A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The White Ferret

Cripes - I went to the pet store a couple of weeks ago only to find the cutest white ferret.  Not only was he cute but he was so mellow.  I have looked at 52 ferrets since we got Clooney and I can't find one who is a match in his temperament.  So - I thought about the white ferret all week while I traveled on business and when I returned I went back to the pet store hoping against hope that someone had adopted him.  No such luck.

I got him out again and talked to the pet store lady and concluded and even though he was an adorable white ferret there were some issues that made it not a great fit.  First - he has a heart murmur.  This on its own is not a huge deal but it does make the little guy un-insurable.  Second - he was much more awake than the last time I saw him and while he was still mellow and sweet - he is going to be a chewer - a common thing for ferrets and luckily something we do not have to deal with at all with Clooney.

So - long story short - I don't think he is the right ferret playmate for Clooney.  Hubs is happy as he wants no more animals.  Someday maybe I will come across a baby like my Cloon-ster.....

No comments: