A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Critter Laundry

You know - I never realized how much laundry I do for the critters - geez:

Nigel has the most for sure - once a week I wash all of his blankets, his rug and the cleaning cloths I use on his wheel and his cage.  There are also extraneous towels from critter baths should those occur.

Kitties - not so much really - rugs under cat boxes and the occasional gross cat toy.  I do frequently have to rewash clothes that they hair beyond repair.

Emma -  the occasional toy for her as well as once a week a fresh new scarf for her.  She loves to wear a bandana and she gets a clean one every week.

I do change the sheets every 5 days and once a week I have to "dryer clean" the comforter with one of those dry cleaning sheets.  Each day when I make the bed I try to un-hair it as well with a lint brush - ugh - hair.

So - 1 load a week at least of critter laundry.  I find it fascinating that little critter has the most laundry.  I guess it works that way with human kids as well.....

No comments: