A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Chompers - and other cute Nigel Snaps

I take a gazillion pictures of the critters for blog purposes.  Sometimes I get some interesting shots like this one:


Look at those hedgie chompers!!  Did you know hedgehogs have 36 teeth crammed into that tiny little mouth?  It's rare that you get to see the teeth.  Nigel is very good about not biting - he bit me once on his first day with me - never since.  He bit the hubby once on the arm - not sure why - I am guessing he smelled something he liked.  He is good about not biting the other critters as well.

While I was busily snapping away - in the middle of the day - disturbing the little one while he was trying to sleep - here are some other cute shots I got:





No comments: