A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Fourth of July - sorry Emma


My poor Emma - she so hates the Fourth of July.  Fireworks give her great angst.  Poor thing.  It doesn't help that the neighbors behind us shoot of a gazillion of them - usually for days before and for days after so we can prolong the nervous breakdown.  So not my favorite time of the year.

I hope Miss Emma does okay - we are planning on taking her with us to our secret parking deck for fireworks viewing -  I know she won't care for this but I think she will like being with us better than being home alone.

I will be happy to live in the country some day - on the farm where no neighbors can be heard for miles.  Far enough away that the city fireworks can't be heard either.  She will never know its the 4th of July ever again....

No comments: