A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Supplement Decrease

Zoey has been on a supplement since last October called C Alive C Caps.  Its a natural supplement you can give to kitties when they have cancer.  Since we weren't sure of her diagnosis I put her on the supplement because it can't hurt her.  If she doesn't have cancer she gets immune system boosting from the herbal mix.

I have noticed that as of late the supplement gives her a bit of the runs so I have decided to decrease the amount from have a capsule a day to half a capsule every other day and see how that goes.  I am a bit nervous doing this actually.  While in the logical part of my brain I am fairly confident that she doesn't have cancer (we should have seen some signs by now - its been 9 months and the average lifespan of a kitty with intestinal cancer is 6 mos post diagnosis) the irrational part of my brain worries that if I take her off the supplement she will decline quickly and it will be all my fault.  Ugh.

So - today she just got regular cat food.  Tomorrow she will get half a capsule and we will see how it goes.  She is really feeling frisky the last few days - playing, running, jumping - very very active!  I love to see this!

No comments: