A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

MIA

Mr Hedgehog went off the radar last night.  I got him out about 8 pm and brought him downstairs to play while we ate and watched TV.  Typical night - he loves to play downstairs so we do this quite often.  Around 10 pm I thought I would put him back in his cage.  I looked in all the regular places and couldn't find him anywhere.  I didn't think much of it and decided I would head upstairs.  Usually when he gets tired he heads back to the blanket I always set out on the floor and curls up to go to sleep.  I figured I would check on him later and he would be snoozing in his covers.

About 12:30 I head downstairs and see that he has been playing in his blanket but again he is no where to be found.  I make the rounds looking in all the usual places.  I look in unusual places and I still can't find him anywhere.  I decide that he is going to stay downstairs overnight so I put out a shallow bowl of water since he can't reach the water bowl the other critters use and I made sure he had access to food and went to bed.

This morning I woke up determined to find him.  Headed downstairs and did a full search....nothing.  Couldn't find him anywhere.  Then I realized I hadn't looked in the pile of laundry that is waiting to be done.  Sure enough - I had pulled the blanket out of his cage and replaced it with a clean one.  He found the dirty blanket in the pile and was happily curled up snoozing away completely oblivious to the massive search.  He is back in his cage now - he had a drink and a few bites of food and promptly went back to bed.  Glad he is back on the grid....  :)

No comments: