A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Little Mr....

Some snaps from yesterday - Nigel coming out of his bed to see whats happening.  While I think he is favoring his one side a bit I do believe that there is a significant improvement from over the weekend so my guess is there was a muscle issue of some kind.  For his Christmas present I ordered him a bed warmer and he seems to just love it.  I figure the heat would feel good on his side if its hurting him and a toasty bed feels good no matter what.

I think I am over that panicked feeling I had during the weekend and feeling pretty optimistic that he is going to be just fine...  I love the last picture in this series - most hedgehogs sleep curled up in a defensive position. When I see him sprawled out on his belly with those back legs sticking straight out behind him I feel like he feels safe and content.









No comments: