A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crazy Critter Week


This week has been crazy for the humans!  I have lots of work things going on which require me to be at the office which is unusual and my spoiled furries don't really like it much.  I spent the afternoon and evening at the office yesterday and today will be quite a long day away.

The ferrets will be upstairs doing their thing.  I have been moving their giant tunnel each day into different shapes - they seem to like that.  Yesterday they were quite excited when they went through the tunnel that started in the bedroom and ended in the front bathroom - ferret nirvana when you start in one room and end up somewhere else I guess.

Kitties don't really miss me much - they will be snoozy like usual and will likely stay downstairs for the day. I will give them some treats and pets before I go and they won't even know I am gone....

Emma and Winston will be downstairs together.  I will load up the Bento Balls and the other treat toys to keep them busy while I am away.  They do pretty well together but out of all the critters these two miss having someone home with them the most.  Spoiled little ones are used to someone with them all the time.

Hopefully tomorrow will go back to our normal routine - I think all of us are creatures of habit and much prefer the regular cadence to our days rather than mixing it up.  I am off on Monday - looking forward to a non work day - hopefully I can get the ferret play space set up....

No comments: