A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, March 06, 2015

A Good Friday

It's been a super critter day around here today.  Not sure why exactly but everyone just seems so happy and agreeable today - loving it!!

Emma has been a good girl - only getting in trouble for scratching on the carpet a couple of times today.  She and Winston have been playing and sharing some cookies.  They also shared the crushed ice from my lunch beverage - they do love ice cubes.

Winston's day has been great - he has been practicing speak and is getting better at doing it on the first ask.  He has been playing with the dog and Oliver the kitty this morning.  He had a long session of piggy treat ball which he seemed to enjoy.  There have been a few short naps and of course his new scarf.  Now that he has had his dinner and his belly is full he is snoozing in front of the fireplace.  Have I mentioned how ready we are for spring around here?

I did a few upstairs chores this morning and had all my weasel babies as assistants - I love that.  They are so sweet and fun.  All of them seem to be happy and healthy little ones as well.  They are snoozing now and we will spend the evening with them playing and cuddling.

Kitties are fantastic - they are thriving and have spent the day lounging.  I was lucky enough to get some cuddles from Zoey.  As I type this Aggie is on the back of my chair.  Phoebe and Ollie are snoozing in their new favorite chair.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to solve the chair tipping conundrum using ribbon.  Let's just say - Piglet - 1, Piglet Mom - 0.  So I tried to come up with another solution.  Off to the hardware store for bungee cords I went and so far so good.  I have them hooked to the cross bars of the chairs and he hasn't even ventured under there since they have been installed.  The cats are fascinated but piglet is uninterested.

So all in all - its been a fabulous Friday.  Hope yours was a great one too...

No comments: