A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Stories of the Day

It was a crazy busy Wednesday around here.

Emma had a good day today.  Even though the morning started out raining the weather vastly improved and she enjoyed a 3 mile walk tonight.  She was sneaky this evening and stole some of Winston's dinner - he gets so mad when she does that.

Winston had a good day today as well.  He was much better behaved today - wow - yesterday was not good.  We have started learning a new trick to add to his repertoire - speak.  It took him all of about an hour to get it.  Now we are just working on trying to get him to do it on the first ask.  By Monday I bet he will have it down pat.  Still trying to get him to understand shake - that one is lost on him for some reason.  Roll over is not happening either - he let's me roll him over but doing it for himself doesn't seem to be happening.  I will be looking for other tricks to teach him because he loves to learn new thing.

The kitties seem to be doing really well.  Zoey and Oliver seem to be adjusting well to their new dosage of thyroid medication.  There has been only a scarce hairball since we went to the vet - very much improved!  Phoebe is doing well - Kai is obsessed with making friends with her and she is obsessed with whacking him on the head.  Aggie is fantastic - hanging out with me lots during the day while I work.

The ferrets are wild - happy and healthy little weasels.  Everyone was easy to find this evening and they have had their cuddle and play time with the humans.  Kai is my bath buddy - he comes in with me and splashes around.  The little girls were full of energy tonight and spent a good bit of time playing with me and with each other.  Theo is my giant love bug and was full of kisses and cuddles tonight.

All in all it was a pretty great critter day.  Tomorrow will kick off with several critter related chores - there is a good bit of maintenance required with 12....we will do toes, flea meds, litter boxes and ferret clean up....better head to bed soon and rest up so I can make it through my list before my work day starts....

No comments: