A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

General Updates


So - the last couple of days have just been average days around here.  This is actually a good thing - sometimes things going according to plan and schedule is a good thing.

Since his muddy romp outside Mister Piglet has been pretty well behaved.  He is still tipping my chairs over - he just bites through the zip ties so now I have ordered one of those cables they use at restaurants to keep you from stealing the outside furniture.  Maybe that will work.  Other than chair tipping and flooding the kitchen with his water bowl - everything is great with him.  He is a very sweet and affectionate piglet....

Kitties are doing well - they are as lazy as ever.  Health for all of them seems really great and they are hanging out with the humans quite a bit.  It's all good in feline world.

Ferret world is pretty darn happy as well - all the weasels are doing just great.  Kitties and ferrets got flea meds today - kitties don't mind but ferrets hate it.  Luckily they don't hold a grudge and after a minute all is forgotten.  They are off and running and all is forgiven.  I went to the pet store today to pick up dog food and cookies - there were ferrets there - danger!!  They were brown ferrets like Maddie and one of them was giant - a male I am guessing - who really wanted to come home with me.  I made it out ferret free - he was really cute though....ugh.  Just call me the crazy ferret lady.

Emma is doing well - she has had some angst as we had some rainy weather the last few days and she does hate the rain.  All in all though she is doing well.  We have decided to hold for now on her liver test - while the number is elevated - it has been exactly the same for some time.  Seems like if there were something really crazy happening in there that the number would go up.  So - we will monitor and take her in should things worsen.  For now she has absolutely no symptoms of anything that I could find with the exception of this slightly elevated number.

Our vacuum bit the dust today - I am not surprised - it gets a daily - most times more than daily dose of abuse.  I really like the Shark brand so I ordered a new one and it will be here on Saturday.  It's geared towards pets so it should work like a champ.


2 comments:

Lani Chaves said...

I have the shark with the pet attachment it's great! Though I rarely vacuum much…

TheGrantZookeeper said...

I got my new one and its fantastic - lots of configurations. Jealous that you don't vacuum much - I am doing this at least 1 x a day and sometimes 2...