A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Back in the Swing of Things


Today is the first day since I returned from traveling that I feel like I am back in the swing of things - sort of.  I feel like I am making some headway on chores, work, etc.  I also feel like the critters are back into some sort of routine.

Winston had a great day - he spent a good bit of time outside even though it was very warm - I put his waterbowl out there with ice water to make sure he had a way to stay cool.  He was a pretty good little piglet today....

Emma had a rotten day - she was on the naughty list from the time she got up this morning til just now when she finally went to bed.  Not sure what her deal was - surely tomorrow will be better.

Harlow had a great day - full of energy.  She had out of the cage time this morning while Winston was outside.  The good news for today was that I pulled her off of the anti - nausea medication.  She is not showing any signs at all of nausea so I don't want to medicate her unnecessarily.  I kept an even closer watch on weight today to see if she would eat less dry food.  So far so good.  She also ate two large feedings this morning and evening when I gave her her medication.  As of right now she is only on the prednisone!  :)

My herd of ferrets is fantastic - they are all out and about playing this evening.  I think they are all feeling fine!  I do adore them.  Kai and Theo visited me in the tub and almost everyone has visited the gravy bowl.

Kitties are all well - happy and healthy.

All in all I am feeling like things are slowly but surely returning to normal....

No comments: