A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Second Drop Off

So today it was all about Harlow and getting her ready to go to the vet hospital for her medical boarding.  I dreaded taking her all day long.  She had excellent feedings all day and was bright and active and alert.  About 3:30 I gave her a quick shower and got her all squeaky clean.  I packed her bag - good golly - the tiny critter has a lot of crap.  Off we went....

They got her checked in and set up in her spot for the next few days.  She has a little bed and her blanket.  She also has some of her toys.  Then there is her food, meds, chicken broth, Pepto Bismal, syringes, etc....geez.  By the time I filled out paper work and went through the feeding instructions it was about 4:30.  They did her first feeding at 5:30 and according to the vet tech it went very well. Harlow was cooperative and happy afterwards playing with her ball.  They were going to do her 9:00 feeding - that one had all her meds so I hope it went okay.

I will call and check on her in the morning on my way out the door....  Miss her, miss Winston - ready for this trip to be over...

No comments: