A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Stories of the Day

Today was an interesting critter day...  Emma and Winston kept me on my toes as they decided to tip over the garbage and spread it all over the kitchen floor - FUN TIMES.  The kitties were pretty good today - no trouble to report for them.  They have had their ear medication and are all sprawled out in various parts of the house.

Ferrets are well - the seven upstairs ferrets are all happy and healthy and active.  I have seen everyone but Violet and Fiona - which I am not terribly concerned about because I saw both of them earlier this evening.  Harlow is doing so great - she is snoozing away in her cage.  Around 9 I gave her meds and a supplemental feeding.  Today I gave her around 70 ccs of syringe fed food.  The rest of the day she was on her own eating her dry food.  When I weighed her tonight before meds she was up to 674 grams - a 10 gram gain since this morning!  We will take it.  I love that we are inching closer and closer to that 700 gram goal.

Tonight its been pretty mellow.  Winston has had his nighty cookies and has settled into bed.  He was a very patient piggy this morning and let me sleep in til 8:30.  Usually I feed him around 7 - 7:30.  He also got his dinner a bit late - around 6:30 this evening.

As I type - little Miss Fiona has come up on the bed for some lovies...just Violet remains unseen which is not unusual at all....

I am feeling like I am starting to get back to normal after my trip.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a clam critter day and I can get caught up on some chores...hope you had a happy Saturday.

No comments: