1. collect poop samples - I am doing pretty well on this - only Violet is being incooperative....I hope I can get a sample before her exam in the morning or she will get an unfriendly poke in the rump.
2. clean up the critters - I was going to give Winston a shower but it hasn't been very long since his last one and his skin gets so dry so I opted for cleaning up his handsome face. He was quite well behaved while I washed his snout, cheeks, eyes, etc with a warm washcloth. I turned on the shower for the ferrets and let them play - they had lots of fun!
3. hooves and nails - Winston's hooves are actually in pretty good shape so not much needed there. The ferrets all need a nail trim - that might be a morning task if I have time before the vet arrives.
I always get a bit nervous before vet visits....the whole what if scenarios run through my mind. I am hopeful for a clean bill of health for all the weasels and the piglet.
My questions for the vet - so I won't forget them in the morning....
- Tusks - what to use to file them and how short
- Have on hand - I have PCN what else should I keep in stock
- How to give a pig an injection
- Ticks - they love him - geranium oil helps - anything else I should be doing?
- First morning output is not great
- Use of Vetasyl
- Choking episode
- Litter mate of Harlow - anything to watch for? Same question for Tabby
- Litter mate of Finn. Could there be the same congenital issue?
- Had kidney stone - no issues since - should we be watching? Doing anything different