A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, January 06, 2017

Happy Fourth Birthday - Violet and Theo!!

Holy Moly - my babies are 4 years old today!  Both Violet and Theo are happy and active today. Their morning started off with hugs and kisses, Violet's meds and their regular weigh ins.  They are doing just great.  A bit ago I went to get some bday pictures - they were not cooperative at all - and then they got to hang out with me in the living room.  I gave them some gravy (ferret food with warm water) which they both pigged out on.  They played and explored for about an hour and now they are back in critter land napping with their siblings.

Violet is quite stable at this point with the insulinoma.  Theo is the next to get his blood panel done.  I will schedule him in at the same time as Violet's next glucose test.

I took a bunch of pictures of these wiggly little stinkers - sadly these were the best of the bunch:

Sleepy Theo

Even sleepier Violet

Theo with Violet in the background
I would be remiss if I didn't take a moment to remember our sweet Finn - today would have been his birthday as well.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of that adorable boy.  I am so thankful that I have Bash who reminds me of him in so many ways....  Happy Birthday sweet boy - I hope you have having a big party with Isabel, Nigel, Clooney, Harlow and your grandpa!


No comments: