A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Leash Training for the Puppies

Today we officially started leash training for the puppies!  They are used to their collars - I put them on the first day we got them.  They are used to their leashes as they have been in the toy box from day one as well.  They often get them out to play with them.  Today I hooked their leash to their collars. They have been roaming around with them on - playing with them, leading each other around.  I have done very short stints inside - getting them to walk with me.  Tango and Charli have done fairly well.  Juliett hates it and tries to pull.  Later this afternoon after the piglet comes in from his outside play time I will attempt to go outside with the leashes on....wish me luck....  :)

Emma does great on a leash so I have been hooking her up and having her show off her skills to the babies - they are not sure what to make of it.....

I will keep you posted on progress:


No comments: