A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Little Critter Updates

My little critters are doing so well!!  I adore that crazy bunch!

Let's start with the kitties.  They are all doing very well.  Aggie is maintaining her new svelte figure (she lost a bit of weight after the vet identified that she was too chunky).  Oliver has kept on the weight he gained but he is still pretty skinny - I am working on that with some high calorie supplements - hopefully that will do the trick.  Miss Phoebe is doing quite well - she is happy and easy going.

Phoebe

Aggie

Somehow I didn't end up with a usable picture of Mr. Wiggly - aka Oliver.  I will try for one tomorrow....

And the ferrets - they are all doing just fantastic.  Violet seems to be really thriving on her meds - she is active, maintaining her weight and often I catch her playing and dooking (making the ferret happy noise).  The other girls are all just great.  Madison has come back full force from her baldness and she looks amazing.  Fiona is a lovely as ever and Tabitha is becoming more and more engaged wanting to be picked up even if it is only for a short time.

Violet

Fiona

Madison

Tabitha

And the boys - oh those boys.  They are all amazing!  I was worried that Theo might be losing weight so I started weighing him every day to ease my mind.  It worked since I weighed him for 10 days and he was within 10 grams of the same weight every time.  I think he looks thin because he doesn't have the fluffy winter coat like Bash and Kai.  Speaking of those two - they are both doing great as well.  All three are full of crazy ferret antics whenever I visit them in Critter Land.  

Theo on the right with Fiona - they are sleeping in one of their favorite spots - they got in a box that had a 8 pack of toilet paper.  Needless to say they shredded it to bits and the TP bed is a favorite of all the ferrets.

Kai on the left and Tabby on the right (and Bashy in the background - at least part of him)

Bash

Okay - sorry for the quality of these snaps - I got a new phone and I am still trying to figure out all the settings of the camera.  I figured something was better than nothing.  I will post about them again soon!

No comments: