A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Wintry Weekend Updates

Ummm - BRRRR!  This has been quite the cruddy weekend from a weather perspective.  We have seen everything from rain to freezing rain to sleet to snow.  Add to that the bitter cold and we didn't get much melting.  I would not want to be out and about tonight on the roads, that's for sure!!

While Winston was stuck inside for the bulk of the day again today he did at least do his business more regularly today than yesterday.  I think he was much more comfortable as a result.  He had several enrichment activities over the course of the day and I just took him out for his last potty break.  I will tuck him in soon.  He has been a pretty good pig given being inside 95% of the time....

It's a bit earlier than normal but I did put the puppies in their room so they could eat and hang out. It's been all critter all weekend while trying to keep everyone entertained.  I needed a bit of a break. They pups went out for some play time and a potty break.  I think they are over the snow and ready for it to be gone.  I am right there with them.  Emma has been in and out all day - she is way over it as well. All the dogs will go out one more time before we go to bed.

The kitties and the ferrets are not amused with me right now.  Tonight they had their second treatment of Ivermectin for ear mites.  None of them are big fans of ear drops.  Most of them are fairly stoic about it but a few - who I will leave nameless - are just a pain in the rump.....  They got fed and loved on and medicated for those who require meds.

So - everyone is in bed for the time being and I have a moment to relax....can't believe the weekend is gone already and its time for the work week to start.


No comments: