A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Month in Review


Can you believe its the end of May already? Let's recap the critter month...

Nigel - we left him for a long weekend this month - his first time without me. All in all he did well. He struggled with skin issues and had to take antibiotics for a week - he was very good about taking them for me and they seem to have worked. And - he has gotten somewhat used to getting his toes cut. Pretty busy month for this little guy.

Clooney found himself in all sorts of mischief - as I type this he is wrestling with Oliver making his little happy noise. They say that male ferrets get more and more affectionate as they get older. I think this is true - he loves to be held and petted more and more each day. Ferret owners are always happy to have a quiet ferret month! :)

Phoebe has continued in her naughty phase - pushing the boundaries as much as she can to see what the consequences will be. I should clarify that her levels of naughty are relative to her and don't hold a candle to some other boy kitty who shall remain nameless.

Oliver my ornery boy - he didn't let me down this month. He is my cute boy - lucky for him. Some days that is the only thing that saves him. That and the fact that he is so darn sweet. He is so affectionate. It was a pretty run of the mill month for the boy.

Emma - she had a busy month. She stayed with my parents while we were away. She had many play dates with my parents dog Quincy. She spent a good bit of time outdoors - which normally she hates - while I did yard work.

Zoey has pretty much spent the month doing what she does which is lounging about with occasional bursts of playtime. Not much to report here...

Agatha - she continues to want to interface with us more and more which we love. Pretty uneventful month for her as well.

When you have 7 critters - uneventful months are all good - we will take them!






No comments: