A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

My Sleeping Baby

It's rare to get a shot of Nigel sleeping as he usually stirs pretty quickly once I disturb his blankets:


He is so cute when he sleeps - may favorite is when he is all sprawled out with his tail and his legs sticking out.    I guess when he sleeps like that it makes me think he feels safe and secure.  I think he dreams - sometimes he puffs up all his spikes when he is sound asleep - not sure why else he would do this.  He sleeps a lot and is not really a huge fan of lights.  I wake him lots over the course of the day checking in on him to make sure he is warm enough and doing okay.  He sleeps when I hold him as well - love this....

Can you tell he is my sweet baby boy?

No comments: