A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, August 15, 2011

To Pet Sit or Not To Pet Sit - that is the question....

The hubs and I just returned from a week and a day away. We had a lovely trip but for me its always so stressful to leave my babies. When my parents are in town we have them watch their "grand children" but since they have left for their RV adventure we had to decide whether we should board or have a pet sitter come. We went with a hybrid model - Emma to the kennel and everyone else at home with the pet sitter.

I chose to board Emma because I didn't want to have to ask the pet sitter to come multiple times a day - so she went to the kennel and while she was there got her annual check up, her updates on vaccinations and a bath. I considered boarding Nigel as well - but was uncomfortable with leaving him in a strange place, exposed to other critter germs and such.

We have a lovely friend who signed up to come by each day and take care of the babies. I created a spreadsheet for her and she did great.



We now have 6 cameras that we use to check in on the babies while we are gone. All in all the stress of someone getting out was outweighed by knowing that the babies were being taken care of and someone was looking in on them every day. Vacation is fun but coming home is so nice...

No comments: