A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

2011 - the Year in Review - Zoey

My orange kitty girl - she certainly scared us in 2011 - we thought we might lose her.  Fortunately she seems to be doing amazingly well these days.

Besides her big health scare it was a pretty calm year for Zoey.  She is a very independent kitty who has no issues spending time alone.  This has changed somewhat since her illness - she is much more engaged with us and with the others in our family since she came home from the vet.

Since October when she got sick she has gained a couple of pounds.  She is eating her raw food diet and each day she gets her supplement that treats the potential for cancer.

I find she is much more active, happy and generally seems to be doing well on all fronts.  Her quality of life seems to be fantastic which is what is the most important to me.  I don't know what the future holds for her - perhaps what they saw on the ultrasound was a foreign object and it has passed through - or maybe it is something more serious.  Either way I enjoy every day and every interaction with her and will do everything I can to make sure she is happy and feeling good.  Here's to a 2012 filled with healthy days for my girl....

No comments: