A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, March 25, 2013

And Then There Were Four....

Well - wow!  Just wow is about all I can say.  After several discussions and several no's the hubs totally surprised me on Saturday.  He told me I could go to the pet store and pick out a ferret.  I was shocked.  Then I asked him to please come with me to help pick one out that we both agreed on.  He said yes - again I was shocked.

We drove to the pet store - just a mile or so from the house.  When we got there we played with all the ferrets - waking them all from their naps.  There were big ones and small ones and the girl from the other day was mistaken when she said all boys - there were both boys and girls.  As we played with each there were two babies that kind of stuck out from the rest.  My preference was a pale gray girl and the hubby liked the boy who looks similar to Clooney without the mask.  We talked - I left the choice up to him - I would be happy with either.

Then the words I never would have expected - "we should get both".  I thought I was going to faint.  We filled out the paperwork and got their health certificates and loaded them into the car.  We brought them home and immediately bathed them and changed out of our clothes before we handled either Clooney or Madison.  Once we got them dried off we introduced them to Madsion who was fascinated with them.  No ferret squabbles to report.  Then we introduced them to Clooney - he checked them out and was not all that impressed if I am being honest - but - the good news is he wasn't even remotely bully-ish like he was when we got Madison.

The kitties have all come by to check the new critters out - no one seems to care - no hissing, no biting, no huffing -- adding them has been a total non event for the existing crew.

So - without further delay - may I introduce our newest additions, born on January 6, 2013, Finnegan (Finn) and Violet.








No comments: