A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Ferret Visit

Well - I broke down today and on my lunch hour and went to visit the baby ferrets today.  There are about seven of them at the pet store - they are all boys and they are all cute.  There are a couple I think are super cute - but I know the hubs is not in the market for an addition to the zoo.

I always struggle with this - we have different philosophies, the husband and I.  He thinks we have enough and that we don't need any more babies.  I agree - its not about need - we don't need another ferret.  My philosophy is that I was put here to give as many babies a good home as possible.  I feel like there is always room if we can afford it and if they are getting good care.  I am cognizant of becoming the crazy cat lady - I would never get to the point of having critters who live in squalor and are not well cared for.  But - if we have the means - we should expand - lord knows there is certainly room in my heart!  I also realize that having 9 critters is nuts.  What can I say?

The other reason I would consider a ferret now is Madison.  We waited four years between Clooney and Madison and it was just too long.  Clooney forgot what it was like to be a ferret - he was around cats and dogs for such a long time that when we brought Madison into the family he didn't quite know what to think.  Madison is 16 months old - I don't want to wait too long to get her a playmate.

I think the hubs is going to stand tough on this one - he is pretty adamant.  Maybe I can get him to go over there and look - doubtful.  Maybe we can take Maddie over there to meet them and she can pick her own playmate.  Doubt he will go for that either. We will have to see...

No comments: