A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, March 01, 2013

Nigel Update

I haven't written about the littlest critter in a bit.  He is doing well.  He had to share his cage for a bit with Clooney - he was a very good sport about it.  While I think he still favors the one side a bit - whatever that ailment was/is doesn't seem to bug him much.  He is active and happy.  He runs on his wheel, has a great appetite and is generally going strong.

I made him a new hedgie bag the other day with his name embroidered on it - he seems to like it.  He gets little bites of our dinner now and then - the other night he enjoyed some chicken thighs - I swear he likes the strangest things.  He is getting so tame - we did toenails the other night and he did great - he lets me do the front ones with no issues at all.  He doesn't care for the back ones getting cut but with some coaxing he does eventually stick out those little feet and let me do what I need to do.  He seems to really like the heated bed he got for Christmas - I often find him sleeping flat on his belly with his legs poked out so he can get maximum contact with the warmth.


No comments: