A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Critter Mommies

Baby piggies - in honor of our someday piggies
In honor of Mother's Day -

To the critter mommies who gave life to my furries - thank you.

Aggie's mommy was a trailer park kitty in Marietta Georgia - I hope she is still around and doing well.
Zoey's mommy was the kitty of a neighbor of my parents in Colorado - I don't know if she is still around either - I hope she is.
Emma's mommy Houdini is no longer with us - may she rest in peace
I never met Oliver's mommy - he was a stray.  I don't know anything about her but I love her boy to pieces.
Clooney's mommy is from a ferret farm in Pennsylvania - I hope she is done with her breeding duties and has found herself a wonderful home and family.
I actually met Nigel's mommy and held her - she was very sweet.  I know she was adopted and hopefully she is still a happy and healthy hedgie.
Maddie and Finn and Violet (the babies have the same mommy) - their mommies are all from Marshall Ferret Farms.  I believe that they have a very short life as breeders are are quickly retired and adopted out to loving homes - that is my wish for these mama ferrets for sure.

So to all those critter mommies - thank you for your babies - I love and adore them.  I promise you that I will take good care of them and make their lives as long and happy as possible.

No comments: