A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Neurotic Critter Keeper

Don't tell the neurotic critter keeper that there is someone wrong with one of the critters.  This results in crazy behavior that isn't healthy for either the critter or the keeper.

Hubs said yesterday that he thought there was something wrong with Madison.  He said she was too thin and she had flakes in her fur.  Ugh - this brings on the neurosis.... so...  first step - ferret bath with a tiny bit of medicated shampoo (remember the flea incident).  I checked her for bugs - nothing.  I kinda think it was dandruff or dry skin.  Either way its gone now after her shower.

As for being too thin.  I don't think she is too thin...she is thin for sure - but she is very finely boned and very petite.  She has lost a bit of weight since the babies came - one ounce and some change - but I think that is purely related to the fact she runs around like a freak all day play with them.  She is the one who plays with both of them so its double the workout.  Of course, neurotic critter mom over here googled all sorts of things trying to determine if she is too thin or not.  Geez.  I watched her like a hawk all day.  I know she is wondering why I won't leave her alone.  She is drinking, eating, playing, sleeping, pooping, peeing - in general she is perfectly fine.

Compared to Finn she is tiny.  Compared to Finn they are all tiny.  Compared to Violet - she is thinner but she also has a smaller frame than Violet does.  The reality of it is - she is fine, I worried all last night and all day today for nothing.  Cripes.....I totally need this shirt....


No comments: