A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Clean Report

I am happy to report that Oliver is officially well.  He went in a couple of days ago for a quick urine test to make sure his infection was completely gone.  His numbers came back and he is great!  This is a relief as sometimes it takes 2 or 3 rounds of antibiotics to clear up the infection so I am quite pleased.

He seems to be doing really well on his thyroid medication as well - he is mellowed out a bit.  I read that one of the side effects of hyperthyroid is hyperactivity.  I am wondering if his meds are leveling out his hormones and he is just chilling out.  It's kinda nice and in particular, I know Aggie is enjoying a reprieve from the daily shenanigans he usually tortures her with.

All in all - its a good report and he is doing just great!

No comments: