A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tiny Lavender Moths

We went for our morning walk and saw hundreds of these beautiful, tiny lavender moths.  They are tiny - maybe and inch across and 3/4 of an inch long.  They stay low to the ground and were in the weeds along the path where we were walking.

I have Googled everything I can think of and I can't find anything that really resembles them under lavender, purple, or blue moths.  I tried moths of NC even - nothing.  Not sure what they are but I have never seen them before and there were bunches of them.  They have no markings - just a pale lavender little bug flying around.

Would love for all my resident moth experts to weigh in on these mystery guys...

No comments: