A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Magic Sponge

I ordered the best aquarium thing EVER!  The other day I was telling my husband that cycling a fish tank was such a pain that we should start a business where people could buy fish ready water for their tanks.  Well - low and behold I was looking online at the different readings from my tank and I ran across a link to a place called Angels Plus.  This place sells beautiful angel fish (which I did not order - be proud) but they also sell the magic sponge.

I ordered on of these sponge filters - they had it in their already established, cycled, happy tanks and the good bacteria that you need in a fish tank is already living on the filter.  They overnight it to you and you put it in your tank attached to a bubbler and voila - almost instant happy tank water.  I really mean it - it took less than 24 hours for the reading in my tank to go to optimum.

Like I said - best fish tank item EVER!

Now that the water is healthy - of course - JackHanna seems to have something going on with his fins - so I am off to research that.  The trials and tribulations of aquariums....


No comments: