A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Stories of the Day

Tuesday - how is it only Tuesday?  Its been a hectic day/week....

Today started off with Emma having her 5 mile walk. She loves it and I like her being active as she gets older.  Once home - chores - cat boxes, fish feeding and water testing, kitty ear meds and general cleanup.

Dr. Finn, Medicine Ferret has been at it again - along with the nose inspections, the teeth inspections and the occasional ear inspections Finn has decided he is interested in my ailing foot.  It hurts me when I walk in the mornings and I have been trying out different things.  Today I had on an ankle brace made out of Ace Bandage material and a sock.  Dr. Finn wasn't having it at all....evidently he did not prescribe either the sock or the brace.  He spent about 10 minutes and actually got the sock off my foot.  He didn't have as much luck with my brace - but not for lack of trying.

Water - the ferrets love to drink water machine water out of a Solo cup.  Just for the record - if the cup is fairly full it fits three ferrets heads - but - as they drink and the water level goes down there is less room and the attempts at drowning one's sibling ensue...

The kitties got a new toy - and the ferrets like it to - check out the blog tomorrow to hear all about it.

Water change had to occur in the tank today - Nitrites were too high.  Cycling is such a pain.  I found a place online that will overnight you a filter with the established bacteria on it in some happy bacteria filled water.  Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity and I should have a filter arriving here day after tomorrow - stay tuned for exciting fish tank cycling updates....

I think that might be the stories for this Tuesday....

Oh - one more story - technically from Monday night - we went to dinner and low and behold - a lady was out walking her micro pig - OMG...I will not get a pig, I will not get a pig, I will not get a pig....

No comments: