A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pet Product Review - Cat's Meow Toy

So - I was in Walgreens yesterday and I saw this toy in the As Seen on TV section.  I had never seen it on TV but it looked intriguing and I thought that maybe Ollie and Finn would like it so I picked it up.

Its the Cat's Meow toy:

It has a somewhat heavy base and an arm with a red piece of plastic attached.  You stick the arm into a hole on the base and then put the yellow "poncho" over the top.  The arm spins around at random going both directions and moves the fabric.  The arm rubbing on the nylon also makes a noise they seem to like.

I brought this contraption home and filled it up with 3 C batteries.  Oh boy - I was right - Oliver LOVES this!!  He played with it none stop for literally hours.  I mean it folks - he liked it so much that I have already had to change the batteries!!  The other kitties are on the fence - curious but nothing like Oliver.

As for the ferrets - Finn and Violet love it and are quite cute playing with the toy.  Clooney and Maddie are interested but cautious.  Theo stuck his head under the fabric, caught the wand in his mouth and proceeded to head for the stairs.  He was going to hoard the new toy...

I would give this toy high marks - the fact that Oliver is obsessed and that it entertains attention deficit ferrets and keeps them engaged gets it two thumbs up!

The fish and the dog - uninterested...

I will try to capture some photos/videos of them playing.  Meanwhile - here is a YouTube of the commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5hDib9LwR4

No comments: