A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Normal Day

It's Tuesday - feels like this week has been 124 days long already.  Life at the zoo marches on.  I am happy to report that everyone seems to be in good health and full of energy.  If only we could shake the sometimes overwhelming empty feeling...

Today was an okay day - no tears, just sadness.  I miss Clooney so much and things just don't feel right yet.  We have not achieved a new dynamic, a new normal.

The ferrets are all well - the little girls were up early, the boys more towards mid morning.  They are playful and rambunctious and they make me smile.  The kitties are doing just great - I think they are all feeling good.  They have been sticking pretty close the last few days.

Emma is good - behaving for the most part - for that I am thankful.  She is a good girl.  Even SteveIrwin seems to be doing well - holding his own.

Losing Clooney has makes me realize how much I adore my critters.  I thought I was somewhat prepared for him to go but it has hit me harder that I anticipated.  One must guard against building walls in an effort to steel ones self against the impacts of such events.

So the stories of today - Violet "helping" me vacuum.  Theo causing trouble.  Oliver inserting himself wherever possible to be the center of attention.  Zoey giving me and everyone else a bath.  Phoebe and Aggie having a cat fight.  Emma scratching on the carpet.  Dr. Finn providing his daily checkup of ears, eyes, nose and mouth.  SteveIrwin hanging out in his new favorite spot by the heater. A normal day at the zoo....

No comments: