A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, July 11, 2014

Flea and Tick Prevention

So - its almost that time - on Saturday I will apply flea and tick medication to the kitties and ferrets.  Since our flea infestation a couple of years ago I am super diligent as I never want to go through that again...ugh.

Since we saw a tick on Miss Emma after one of our walks the other day (thankfully it hadn't yet attached) I decided to get her another level of flea and tick defense.  My brother had purchased the Seresto collars for his pups and was pleased with the results so I decided to try it for Em.


It gives you 8 mos of protection, can be worn swimming or in the bath (within reason) and should provide my girl with the coverage she needs on our morning walks through the heavily wooded paths.  It comes in a tin can - take it out of the bag and pop it on - super easy.  She has had it on all day and not been bothered by it.  She still has her regular collar on as well as you can't use a leash on the Seresto collar.  It's nice to not have to think about it again until March....

No comments: