A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, July 07, 2014

Glucose Monitoring on a Ferret

Clooney's blood glucose monitor came today.  I was all stressed out thinking it was going to be horrific for both of us.  He was snoozing and I poked his little foot - two things happened - one good and one bad....he never even stirred so it didn't hurt him too badly if at all and - he didn't bleed one little drop.... ugh.

So - after some Google time - looks like I need to try end of the tail.  Will do that once I see him - he is snoozing in some secret sleeping spot I have yet to discover.  It doesn't seem like this is going to be as traumatic as I thought thankfully.

He has an appointment for a glucose retest on the 14th - I will take the monitor with me and compare what I get with what they get so I know if I need to do any math on the results going forward.

I'll keep you posted on progress...


No comments: