A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, July 04, 2014

Friday Night Updates

It's Friday night and we are celebrating the 4th of July with a Netflix marathon and Chinese takeout.  Emma is in her ThunderShirt under the bed.  I have to admit that so far the fireworks in the neighborhood have not been too bad.  Fingers crossed that as we get darker outside the neighbors don't go crazy.  Kitties have had their even meds.  Clooney as well.  Fishes have been fed and put to bed and I think we might be done for the evening...

This week was crazy - long but short; stressful but calming.  It was an interesting few days.  The main focus of the week was monitoring Clooney's recovery.  By Monday he was doing pretty well in the breathing department.  He was off the pain meds and eating and drinking well.  Tuesday and Wednesday he continued to improve and on Thursday he had his follow up appointment and was declared recovered from his injuries. We still have a ways to go on his blood sugar but I think with the increased dosage of his meds I can already see a difference.

Everyone else seems well and happy and for that I am relieved...not sure I could take much more in the ailing critter department...wow - stressful!  I have also been keeping an eye on my Theo after his blood donation - he seems like his happy, wild self.  Last night he fell into the full bathtub - he was so excited afterwards he was a little freak!

Tomorrow will bring a water change for the fish tank - probably should have done one today but the levels we only just slightly elevated so my fishy friends should be okay until the morning.  Just to be safe I put the detoxification stuff in there.  Water and vacuum first thing in the morning....

Happy 4th of July!!

PS - wishful thinking on the quiet fireworks evening - just before I am ready to push the button to post this they start - our neighborhood now sounds like the suburbs in a war zone...oh goody...

No comments: