A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

It's been an interesting day today.  Have you ever spent a day confined with a 15 week old piglet? Winston is feeling fine and not understanding why we are stuck in the bedroom.

His incision site looks great - he loves taking his pain medication - its liquid and grape flavored and he sits for it as if it was a cookie....  The hormones are causing a dual personality at the moment.  He swings wildly from angry piglet who is nippy and moderately humpy to a complete love bug who wants to lay in your lap and have cuddles.

There was a box of toys in the guest room that I gathered when I reorganized that room.  These are toys that little Mr. has not seen before so I brought them in for his amusement. It worked - he spent the afternoon exploring the toy box and playing.  Not sure what we will do for tomorrow....

I am concerned about letting him downstairs - first - the stairs could pose a problem and second - I am worried he will try to jump on the couch.  I think both of these could pop his stitches.  So - in the bedroom we will stay.

Tonight he put himself to bed - I just spent some time in his pen with him - luckily it was the lovey pig and not the angry pig that was present.  :)

Kitties, ferrets and pup are all doing well and trying to figure out if they want in or out the bedroom - I swear I opened and closed the door 176 times today.

No comments: