A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Super Thursday...

Today was a good critter day -

First - my sweet piglet is almost 100% back.  We have a tiny bit of stinkiness left in the system and there were a few humping episodes and maybe a crabby pig a time or two today - but all in all - today was the best pig day we have had in awhile - maybe even since early September before humping started.  So happy he is feeling good.  The challenge today has been keeping him calm - he is frisky and desperate to play - I have had to check his incision 43 times because he insists on chasing Emma or jumping up on things - all the things the vet said he shouldn't do.  So far so good - he looks great and its obvious he is feeling great.

Emma is so happy to have her friend back - a friend who wants to play with her and not hump her. They have enjoyed each other's company all day.  She has been a pretty good girl today.

Kitties are all doing well - Oliver has been in on playtime with Emma and Winston.  Aggie, Zoey and Phoebe have been avoiding play time by sleeping in spots out of reach.  I think everyone is feeling good in the feline department.

The ferrets are great - I spent the morning with them doing cuddles and wrestles.  They are all happy and healthy and I am pleased with how they are doing.  In fact - as I type - I need to do the nightly switch where little Mr goes upstairs and the ferrets get freed for the evening.

Quite happy to have my sweet pig back - quite happy my other babies are doing well - all is great at the zoo!!


No comments: