A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, October 24, 2014

Realistically Speaking

Having ten animals share your world is not all rainbows and unicorns...it's like 95% rainbows and unicorns and then there is the other 5%.

Some days all goes well and some days - well - not so much.  There might be errant peeing from the pig, the dog, some of the kitties - all of the above.  There might be ornery ferrets who make holes in garbage bags resulting in giant messes.  There might be a kitty or two who have the need to be on me at all times.  There might be pigs and dogs who chew out cardboard and paper into zillions of little bits. There could be fighting between kitties.  Pushy piglets trying to get into places they shouldn't be. Each day is a bit of a behavioral crap shoot!  :)

Most days I am pretty lucky - everyone for the most part is pretty good.  Some days one or two of them get a wild hair.  Some days I am outnumbered by naughty critters.  Thankfully those are few and far between.

No comments: