A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, April 10, 2016

General Updates

So here you have it - the general updates from today:

First - I finished a small photo project today.  Not exciting really - but slowly but surely I am filling frames and getting more current photos hung up:



I worked down in critter land today - sorting, cleaning and building a cabinet.  I would like to state for the record that building anything with a ferret assist is challenging.  Oh - how I love those weasels.

Emma spent a good bit of time outside today - as did Winston.  She was feeling quite frisky today. Winston is doing well.  I was a bit concerned - last week I was doing his routine maintenance - ears, eyes, hoofs and teeth.  I noticed that he had lost one of his four lower front teeth.  I knew he had lost the middle two but this one was on the right side.  The socket looked fine and there was no pain response when I messed with it so I decided just to keep an eye on it.  Today the piglet let me take a look and sure enough - his big pig tooth is coming in.  I think he still has one more baby tooth to go....

Speaking of the pig - we did some snout painting today.  I am working on a charity donation for something at work and Winston was kind enough to help me out.  Once I finish I will post pictures of his creations.

Kitties and weasels are all doing well.  We spent lots of time together today and everyone was just fine when I went to check on them and do the evening routine.  Everyone is still enjoying the new toys - they are in different spots every time I head that way.

We are gearing up for another busy week.  I think Winston, Theo, Phoebe, Violet and most certainly me will be glad to see the pollen drop come to an end - we are a sneezy, itchy eyed bunch at the moment.  Allergies....ICK!

Oh - and by the way - wasn't it Friday like 27 minutes ago?  Where do the weekends go???

No comments: