A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, April 01, 2016

The Day of Rescues

After saving the sweet little birdy who flew in my open sliding glass door I went outside to check on Winston and saw a beautiful butterfly drowning in the pool.  I used a pole to get it close enough to the side of the pool that I could scoop it out and thankfully it was still alive.  It was happy to see me and held on to my finger pretty tight.

I took him out front and coaxed him off my finger and onto a flowering plant in the yard thinking he could dry in the sun and have some access to nectar from the flowers in case he needed energy.  I went and got the camera and was able to capture some pics.  Then I went back to check on him about 30 minutes later and he had flown away.  Hooray - a butterfly saved.

I think - not positive - that he was a male Eastern Tiger Swallowtail but its really hard to tell for sure.







No comments: