A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, April 09, 2016

A New Bag of Tricks

A good friend of ours brought the critters a bag of toys her kitties were no longer playing with.  Holy cow - I wish I would have been smart enough to take my phone with me so I could have videoed the antics!  It went something like this:

I set the bag down and let them do their thing.  Ferrets love to take things out of bags and boxes.  Oh my - it was a grab fest.  7 little ferrets and 2 of the 3 kitties all with their heads and some with their bodies in the bag.  Aggie, the eldest kitty cracked me up.  She came in to see what the commotion was, found a pink mouse she thought was interesting and proceeded to pick it up and headed back in the other room.  She had no need for shenanigans.

I think the funniest part of the whole thing was Kai was desperate to get everything out of the bag and Fiona was trying to make a bed in the bag so he would take something out and meanwhile she would put something back in. This went on for about 20 minutes.  Theo found a yellow squeeky mouse with a pink feathery tail which he claimed.  Tabitha found a blue ball.  Bash claimed the purple elephant, Madison found a turtle, Violet took an orange fish.  They all hoarded to their own spots and then proceeded to steal from each other. The cutest hoarding effort was Bash trying to hoard a large stuffed polar bear.  It's about three times his size and he decided it needed to go a long way to the other room.  It took him quite some time but he finally made it all the way down the hall and into his hiding spot with his favorite squeaky rhino. Silly critters!!

When I left them they were still investigating the pile, divvying up the goods I am guessing.  I will be curious to see where things end up by morning.

Thanks Auntie Laurie for all the new fun!!

No comments: