A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's Official - Nigel can Swim!

It's official - Nigel can swim.  I knew he could as I have seen several videos on the internet showing little hedgies paddling away.  Since our upgrade from the sink to the big tub went so well I decided we could try a bit more water for this bath.  Our tub has a tiny slope to it so if he moved towards the back it was more shallow and if he moved towards the drain it got a bit deeper.  He stood on his tippy tippy toes and then was brave and started paddling.  It wasn't really deep so he didn't swim for long - we will work up to more water over time.  He seemed to enjoy it.  Now that I know all will be good I will try to capture a video of this new skill.....in many of the videos I have seen they flip on their backs and float around when their little legs get tired.  We will see if he gets to that point as well.  Stay tuned!

No comments: